Thursday, February 26, 2009

Illmatic: 15 Years Later

The greatest hip hop album ever released is Illmatic. And to me, this is not something that can be argued. It revolutionized the game when it came out, and every album that's been released since has carried at least some influence from the album. Sure, the album is only nine cuts long, but every single song is a classic on some level. There is no filler track on it. Shoot, I've probably already written more on it than is really necessary.

Anyway, one of my favorite hip hop blogs, FWMJ's Rappers I Know, has a story up from the April 2009 XXL in which they go back to 1994 and breakdown the creation of the album by going right to the guys who put it together.

I could write for days about this album, but I'll save that for later.

No comments: